Digitization equipment demo/open house March 12 at OU Libraries

Digitization equipment demo/open house March 12 at OU Libraries

Home Forums Education and Events Digitization equipment demo/open house March 12 at OU Libraries

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

On Tuesday, March 12, OU Libraries is hosting a digitization equipment demonstration / open house; the vendor is DT Cultural Heritage, a division of Digital Transitions, https://dtculturalheritage.com/. We’d like to get the word out to a wide variety of organizations that are or might be interested in cultural heritage digitization.

They plan to bring, set up, and demonstrate the DT Atom with film scanning kit, book cradle, and iXG 100MPx camera.

Also, I believe their Capture One software will be part of the demonstration. OU Libraries does not have any of this equipment; I myself am looking forward to the opportunity to see this setup in action and ask questions.

We’re excited to be able to host the demonstration / open house in our special collections area on the fifth floor of Bizzell library on OU’s Norman campus. We’ll also give tours of our own digitization lab during the day, if that’s of interest. Here are the details for the day.

Digital Transitions digitization demo/open house at OU Libraries
      Tuesday, March 12, 10:30 am – 3:00 pm (come and go)
      5th floor – Harlow Room, Bizzell Memorial Library
      401 West Brooks Street, Norman OK
      University of Oklahoma

For parking, there are two parking garages with metered public parking within a five minute walk: Elm Avenue garage just south of Boyd Street, and the Union garage on Asp Avenue south of Boyd Street. Alternatively, you can get a visitor permit online and park in any visitor parking space; info here: http://www.ou.edu/parking/park_on_campus/visitor.

Please let me know if you might attend the open house, and please share this invitation with others who might be interested. I can send you a copy by email to share it more easily, if that helps.

Thanks!

Barbara Laufersweiler

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.