2019-04-02 at 9:20 am #2089Lisa HenryParticipant
Museum of Osteopathic Medicine https://www.atsu.edu/museum-of-osteopathic-medicine/
Internship: Museum Collections Intern
The Museum of Osteopathic Medicine and the International Center for Osteopathic History are dedicated to preserving the heritage of osteopathic medicine. Its mission is to “preserve and promote the history and tenets of osteopathy through collections and research to a global audience”. The collection of over 100,000 artifacts traces the roots of osteopathy, beginning with its founder, Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, and his establishment of the first osteopathic medical school in Kirksville, Missouri to its growth into a worldwide profession.
Six-month internship assisting the Assistant Director with the cataloging, digitizing and inventorying of the artifact collection.
– Enter accession and donor information for objects in the collection not already entered into the museum’s collections management software PastPerfect
– Update old records already in PastPerfect
– Correlate all items with correct paper and database files. If these files do not already exist, create said file
– Ensure all objects are properly marked with old and new accession numbers
– Digitally photograph or scan each object and add images to PastPerfect
– Improve storage conditions where practical and note storage location for each object in PastPerfect
Duration/Hours: 6 months; 40 hours per week; Federal holidays
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Start Date: June 3, 2019
· Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Museum Studies, History, or related field.
· One year experience working with museum collections.
· Basic understanding of collections management practices.
· Experience assessing the condition of objects.
· Computer literacy and knowledge of PastPerfect.
· Digital Photography and scanning experience preferred.
· Must have ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 40 lbs and to climb a ladder.
Application Deadline: Qualified applicants should submit a completed ATSU application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the position may be directed to: email@example.com
Heather Rudy, Assistant Director
Museum of Osteopathic Medicine
A.T. Still University
800 W. Jefferson St
Kirksville, MO 63501
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.