Tagged: Internship 2019
2019-02-12 at 1:33 pm #2013Lisa HenryParticipant
Historic Annapolis would like to invite graduate level students to apply for three internship opportunities for the summer 2019 to assist the Curator of Collections. Historic Annapolis can provide a variety of collections and curatorial internship opportunities, tailored to the needs of individual students. Historic Annapolis’ vast collection contains some 3,000 decorative and fine arts objects, 5,000 architectural drawings and surveys, 10,000 photographic images, and extensive research files and reference materials. Please note, these are non-paid internship positions.
Some potential projects include assisting with deaccessioning, reorganizing and cataloging collections, assisting with records management, researching objects for display, assisting with exhibit planning, and collections care. In addition, the interns will have the opportunity to present on their internship experiences at Historic Annapolis.
The Collections interns will have the ability to gain best practice experience in:
• Collections records organization and management
• Object handling and care
• Research collections objects
• Participate in monitoring of temperature, light, and humidity in collections spaces
• Digitization of objects and records
• Have behind the scene access to our collections
• Represent Historic Annapolis at outreach events
• Pursuing an advanced degree (or recent Masters graduate) in Museum Studies, Public History, Decorative Arts, or American Studies
• Ability to stand for 3 hours and lift 25 lbs
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with word processing and database programs
• Mature, able to work independently, enthusiastic, motivated, and team oriented
• Must be able to commit to 10-12 hours per week (between Monday- Friday, 9 AM and 4 PM)
• Start date flexible; mid-May-June 1
• Opportunities to strengthen resume and portfolio, including a chance to present on your work and research
• Free attendance to lectures
• Complimentary 1 year Historic Annapolis membership
• Please email your resume and cover letter to Curator of Collections Robin Matty email@example.com
• Deadline: March 15, 2019
About Historic Annapolis
Established in 1952, the mission of Historic Annapolis, Inc. is to preserve and protect the historic places, objects, and stories of Maryland’s capital city, and provide engaging experiences that connect people to the area’s diverse heritage.
Historic Annapolis is the Annapolis area’s leading historic preservation nonprofit organization. We maintain and manage 13 historic properties including two National Historic landmarks – the James Brice House and the William Paca House and Garden. For more information, please visit:http://www.annapolis.org/
Curator of Collections
James Brice House
42 East Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.