The Philip M. Hamer and Elizabeth Hamer Kegan Award Subcommittee of the Society of American Archivists (SAA) seeks nominations for the 2019 award.
This Philip M. Hamer and Elizabeth Hamer Kegan Award recognizes an archivist, editor, group of individuals, or institution that has increased public awareness of a specific body of documents (which can be a specific archival collection or thematic aggregation) through compilation, transcription, exhibition, or public presentation of archives or manuscript materials for educational, instructional, or other public purpose. Work that has impact on a local, regional, national, and/or international level is welcomed.
Recent winners include:
- 2018: Find & Connect, eScholarship Research Centre
- 2017: Center for Home Movies
- 2016: South Asian American Digital Archive
- 2015: The Legacy Center, Drexel University College of Medicine, for Doctor or Doctress?
- 2014: Emma Goldman Papers Project
- 2013: Densho, The Japanese American Legacy Project
- 2012: Immigration History Research Center, University of Minnesota for Digitizing Immigrant Letters
Eligibility: Individual archivists and editors, groups of individuals, organizations. This award is open to nominees within and outside of the United States, and is not limited to SAA members.
Prize: A certificate and cash prize of $500.
Application Deadline: All nominations shall be submitted to SAA by February 28 of each year.
For more information on this award, including the nomination form, please go to:
For more information on SAA awards and the nominations process, please go to: