The South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA) is currently seeking applicants to join its inaugural Archivists’ Collective!
Guest Post from the South asian american digital archive (saada)
We are looking for archival professionals and graduate students who are interested in joining a national network of archivists committed to furthering the documentation and preservation of South Asian American history. This initiative is made possible with support from the SAA Foundation.
If interested, please complete the online application form by June 30, 2018 at 11:59 PT:http://www.saada.org/archivists
Since its founding in 2008, SAADA has enabled academics, artists, journalists, students, and community members to write books, create new content, and shape public understanding about the South Asian American community. Learn more on our website: http://www.saada.org
As a member of the Archivists’ Collective you will:
• Gain professional experience working with South Asian American archival materials and learn the workflows of maintaining a vibrant digital community archive.
• Be recognized on the SAADA website.
• Be connected (through a private online forum) with a community of archivists interested in preserving the stories of South Asians in the United States.
• Participate in peer-to-peer mentoring and a mutual exchange of archival knowledge and skills.
As a member of the Archivists’ Collective you will be asked to:
• Contribute 5-10 volunteer hours per month to support SAADA’s archival collections. This work will be facilitated as monthly archival projects that will be completed collectively by the group.
• Leverage your networks to promote the organization’s mission and highlight its collections.
• Encourage others to contribute materials, ideas, and resources to help build the archive.
• Act as an ambassador for SAADA to help raise awareness about our work.
Your contributions as a member of the Archivists’ Collective will help us ensure that South
Asian American stories are documented, preserved, and protected for future generations.
Please don’t hesitate to connect with us if you have any questions.
Thank you, and we look forward to being in touch!
Ayshea Khan, Co-Chair, SAADA Archivists’ Collective
Samip Mallick, Executive Director, SAADA